COVID-19: ZOOM VIDEO LESSONS OR OUTSIDE SOCIALLY-DISTANCED LESSONS THIS SPRING.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I taught lesson exclusively via video (Zoom) during the spring of 2020 and winter of 2021 and outside socially-distanced lessons at my location during warm weather in 2020. This spring will be a mix of outside and video lessons depending on weather. I will resume normal inside lesson once my students and I are fully vacinated sometime this summer. More info about video lesson here. Please contact me for more details about outside socially-distanced lessons.
EXCITING ADDITIONS COMING MID 2021! + SONGWRITING or RECORDING WORKSHOPS
I'm adding an Online Community, Online Group Cohort Workshops, Online Self-Study Courses and Inspiring Interviews, Videos & Articles as part of my process of overtly merging of my connections to music and transformational work. Find out more at: transformusical.co & evolvesing.co New live-online group cohorts for songwriting workshop and home studio workshop start regularly. More info and registration at my other site: transformusical.co
LIVE GUITAR LESSONS: ACOUSTIC & ELECTRIC. ONLINE VIA VIDEO.
LEARN WHAT YOU WANT TO LEARN ON GUITAR
I teach awesome guitar lessons for adults and kids at any ability level: never-ever, beginning, some-experience, intermediate and advanced.
I help you learn what you want to learn: Songs you love. Techniques you're curious about. How to sing and play. Fingerpicking. Soloing. Advanced aspects of the guitar. Songwriting. And anything else your heart desires! You can learn on acoustic guitar and/or electric guitar. I also offer group guitar classes called Mindful Music and workshops in songwriting and performance
I taught myself how to play the guitar in high school shortly after I started playing piano. I was writing and recording songs, and I wanted to diversify my instrument pallet. And I wanted something more portable! I've been playing guitar for 35 years and teaching it for 17 years. I've performed, recorded and written with guitar. It's my go to instrument!
And I'd love help you learn to play guitar. Or improve your current skills. Or dive deep and uncover new-to-you-gems. I encourage you to learn more about my teaching methods on the Lessons Overview & Teaching Philosophy page.
DON'T HAVE A GUITAR? During your free intro lesson, you are welcome to use one of my guitars, and we can talk about what guitar is best for your budget and goals. I do this quite frequently, and it's my pleasure! Also you can contact me beforehand for free guitar buying advice.
STUFF YOU'LL LEARN SPECIFIC TO THE GUITAR
- GUITAR CHORDS: Basic open position, bar chords & advanced chord technique/construction
- STRUMMING: Simple, advanced & improvisational
- GUITAR TECHNIQUE: All levels based on your needs
- FINGERPICKING: Pre-set & improvisational
- TABLATURE: An easier form of stringed instrument notation. Tons of free tab available! Great for guitar!
- GUITAR SOLOING: Improvising is way easier than you think! And learn other artists' solos!
SPECIFICS FOR ALL INSTRUMENTS I TEACH
- EASY, ACCESSIBLE MUSIC READING: I use simple forms of written music, instrument technique and memory based learning, that are immediately accessible from lesson one! You'll be playing music you love right away!
- SONGS: Learn the songs you want! With guidance from me to help you learn progressively
- STYLES: Learn the styles you like! Folk, rock, blues, pop, country, soul, heavy, singer-songwriter, bluegrass, world, starter jazz, starter classical, and whatever else you love!
- SINGING & PLAYING: Much easier than you think! And makes your experience more fun!
- VOICE: I teach robust, practical singing~voice~vocal technique to whatever depth works for you if you want to improve your voice along with your instrument!
- MUSICIANSHIP: Learning to be musical. And playing like you mean it!
- CREATIVE PLAYING: Spice up your playing with creativity, improvisation & advanced technique!
- BLUES: Blues is the foundation of a lot of modern music. A lot of students love learning the blues!
- USEFUL MUSIC THEORY: Relevant to your needs, goals and playing ability
- IMPROVISATION: Applied to your soloing and accompaniment
- SONGWRITING: Learn to write your own songs through tools, tips and theory
- PERFORMANCE: Techniques and practices to help with your open mic or gig
- JAMMING: Learn the theory and tips to play creatively and improvisationally with other people
- RECORDING: Techniques and practices to help with your recordings
- SIGHT READING: Learn to read standard staff notation
- COACHING & PRACTICE STRATEGIES: Make sure you are getting out of your own way to reach your goals. And you have the most effective strategies to get there!
- WHATEVER ELSE YOU WANT TO LEARN: I can help you learn whatever else you'd like to learn!