SINGING & VOICE LESSONS. VOCAL COACHING.
LEARN TO SING! THE WAY YOU WANT TO SING!
Through "master level" singing instruction and vocal coaching, I teach you to sing in ways that you've always imagined. It doesn't matter if you think you can't sing a note, you have serious experience or anywhere in-between, I can help: Get you started... Upgrade your existing awesomeness... Or meet whatever vocal goal you have!
Singing (and music!) is very subjective. In my view, there is no right or wrong way to sing (except you don't want hurt yourself or get in your own way). People like what they like. So I don't try to mold you into singing a certain way. Instead, I ensure you learn and integrate the tools to sound the way YOU WANT TO SOUND!
Voice lessons are about you: We work with songs and styles that you love. I teach you the things you'd like to learn and offer ideas of what you might want to try. We focus on your goals and desires. I teach you the relevant things you need to know to achieve your ideal vocal sound, and I won't waste your time with things that you don't care about or will never use.
SINGING IS MY THING
- I'm a "master" singing/voice teacher and vocal coach with over 13,000 hours of teaching experience.
- I teach an innovative, effective, practical, wholistic and fun method that I developed.
- I didn't grow up learning to sing. And that's a huge benefit to my teaching. Read more about my non-musical origins.
- I work more deeply with people around there singing. More info at my website COMING SOON!
INNOVATIVE METHOD YOU WON'T FIND ANYWHERE ELSE
- I teach my own method of singing that you won't find anywhere else. It's innovative, effective, practical, wholistic and fun!
- With this method, you'll embody your voice and experience noticeable progress right away... Without getting bogged down in unnecessary theories or busywork.
- I help you find the full potential of your voice... While you build a clear understanding of what you are doing and why you are doing it.
- We work with the whole: Whatever is in your way... And whatever will bring you the most benefit in the shortest time.
- My method covers the whole of what you need to sing competently, securely and expressively in nearly every style. You will create a vocal "toolbox" that allows you to sing THE WAY YOU WANT TO SING!
- Read more about my method on the Lessons Overview & Teaching Philosophy page.
OVERVIEW OF WHAT WE COVER IN SINGING LESSONS
These are aspects I cover with all students, because they apply to everyone's singing. They are the core of the vocal "toolbox".
- BREATH: Deeply and somatically understand how your breath works. Learn to get out of your own way & maximize your capacity.
- RANGE: Learn the full picture of your range: stretching higher, false register, transitions & special situations
- POWER, PROJECTION & RESONANCE: Learn to maximize the fullness and volume of your voice
- WARMING UP YOUR VOICE: So critical! So you can sound your best, sing at your potential & not hurt your voice when doing intense things!
- INTONATION: Learn to sing right on a note without wavering
- RELAXED, EFFICIENT SOUND: How to stretch and relax your throat and neck. So don't hurt your voice, you get out of your own way & you maximize your abilites!
- STRENGTH: Condition your voice for endurance and resilience. So you can sing for a long time & not hurt yourself.
- VOCAL EQ: The ins and outs of your tone. Think of it as bass and treble control on your voice!
- NATURAL VOICE: The "clean slate" of your voice. So you can sing styles effectively & find your unique singing voice!
- FEELING: Music is about emotion. And you want to sing with emobodied feeling and intention!
- STYLES: Learn whatever styles you love: rock, blues, pop, country, soul, heavy metal, singer-songwriter, Broadway, R&B, jazz, etc.
- COACHING: How to get out of your own way... Big picture-wise. So you can meet your goals and desires.
Singing the right notes is the most important part of singing. This is called inner hearing: the ability to remember or listen to a melody and sing it back correctly. Some students need a lot of work here, some need none and anywhere in-between. We will work on your inner hearing or ability to hold a tune, as much or as little as is needed.
SING THE SONGS YOU LOVE
We work on songs that you love, with some guidance from me to make sure that you are challenged but not overwhelmed.
ELEVATING THE WHOLE
We work in three main areas:
- BASIC EXERCISES: Generic exercises and warmups that help get your voice in shape
- PARTS OF SONGS: So you can integrate the techniques.
- WHOLE SONGS: The "final product"
To develop and integrate your tools... To elevate your abilities in a similar way a pro-athlete would...
- ADDITIONAL STYLES
- HARMONY SINGING
- VOCAL DISTORTION
- SIGHT READING
- AUDITION PREP
- SINGING AT A WEDDING
- SINGING & PLAYING
- MUSIC THEORY
- AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU DESIRE